3.27.2007

freedom from human do do

I'm realizing this morning how task-driven humans are. We go from task to task. From accomplishment to accomplishment. From do to do. Do this, do that. Now this, now that. Scurry, scurry, little busy bees are we. And it seems most of our enjoyment only comes in finishing the task. A sigh of relief. But only if done "well", of course. And even with that, only for a second. Next! And on and on we go. It never ends.

I'm realizing more than ever how I want my life to be so simple that I don't bring unnecessary tasks, unnecessary burdens, into my life. So that I can DO the stuff I truly WANT to do. Not that I want fun and games... that's not it at all. I just don't want my life filled with never-ending do this, do that do-do. I just want to concentrate on the things I WANT to do. Actually, the things I believe HE wants me to do.

If love is the most important thing in life, then what should my life look like? How is my life an expression of love? And what do I need to remove from my life in order to keep it in the love zone? And if love is the most important thing, than it follows that everything I DO should be done IN LOVE. In a spirit of love. In a flow of love. In the life of love.

Yeah, I like that. By your grace, Lord.